ANOTHER YEAR HAS FLOWN BY, and we all know what that means; an exciting opportunity for family dentistry New Year resolutions, right? This year let us consider improving oral health in 2022.
New Year’s resolutions for better oral health are pretty simple. Even the slightest positive change can go a long way in giving you a brighter, healthier smile. Read on to learn some of the best ways to improve your oral health in the New Year.
Family Dentistry Resolutions for Better Oral Health
Your oral health plays a starring role in your overall health and is fundamental to long-term wellness. As you write down your New Year’s resolutions, consider some oral health resolutions to add to the other goals. Oral health and overall health go hand in hand. Read below to know Dr. Wu’s top priorities for the upcoming year.
- Flossing is a priority: Daily flossing helps prevent bad breath, gum disease, and tooth decay. Brushing every day helps prevent cavities on the surfaces of your teeth. Flossing each day prevents cavities by cleaning the hard-to-reach areas between your teeth.
- 6-month Check-ups: According to the American Dental Association (ADA), you should get your teeth cleaned and examined every six months. Once plaque transforms into tartar, only dental professionals can remove it. A check-up every six months allows Dr. Wu to address any serious issues before they become detrimental to your dental health.
- Healthy foods: We all know that eating fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and legumes, improves the body’s ability to fight inflammation. Proteins can help strengthen teeth. High fiber foods can increase saliva production to remove plaque. Healthy nutrition can also freshen breath and clean plaque from teeth. And really, who doesn’t want fresh breath?
- Set a timer: It’s crucial to brush morning and night for two minutes each time to remove plaque successfully. When you brush your teeth, remember to position the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle toward the gum line for those hard-to-reach areas.
- Stop smoking: There is no question that smoking wreaks havoc on our health—what better time than the New Year to quit tobacco. Your overall health will benefit, and your teeth will thank you.
Visit Your Dental Office in Powell, Ohio
When it comes to keeping optimal oral health, Liberty Family Smiles knows what’s best. We can screen for oral health issues and even help prevent oral diseases before they start. We are committed to monitoring cavities and developing treatment plans tailored to your unique needs.
Are you ready to boost your oral health care routine this year? Contact Dr. Wu for family dentistry in Powell, Ohio, to schedule a dental appointment. We commit to serving each of you the highest quality dental care with ultimate comfort.
We offer a wide range of family dentistry services such as cosmetic dentistry, teeth whitening, and dental implants. We provide compassionate family dental the whole family will appreciate. Ask us about our dental insurance plans and payment options. We are excited to help you reach your New Year’s resolutions and wish you optimal health in 2022!