The Cost-Effective Way To Replace Missing Teeth
Liberty Family Smiles | Powell Dentist
You may be missing teeth from an accident, tooth decay, or unforeseen tooth extraction. But you don’t have to live the rest of your life with gaps in your smile. Dental implants offer you the chance to regain your smile. Implants replace the whole tooth, from root to crown, and are the best permanent solution for tooth loss.
Can you imagine chewing and speaking as before? All those negative emotions that come with missing teeth will float away. Implants transform the feel and function of your smile and overall health. A dental implant looks natural and keeps your facial contours intact by preventing bone deterioration from missing teeth.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants are small titanium posts inserted into the sockets in the gums left by missing teeth. The tiny rods act as artificial roots and provide a solid base for replacement teeth.
Implant placement surgery has an incredibly high success rate and is the new standard in tooth replacement. They are your best option because they fit and function like natural teeth.
Three parts make up the anatomy of a dental implant.
- Implant: a small titanium screw surgically inserted into the jaw bone where the missing tooth was
- Abutment: a piece that connects the implant to the crown
- Crown: artificial tooth perfectly matched to the rest of your teeth, attached to the abutment
A very small incision is made into the gums, and the artificial tooth root is placed into the jawbone. The gum tissue is closed over the implant, and you are sent home to heal.
During this healing portion, the jaw bone integrates with the post in a process called osseointegration. The bone will grow securely around the bar, making it part of you and an incredibly strong base for your new tooth. Osseointegration can take two to six months, depending on how your body reacts. You may ask Dr. Wu for a temporary crown while waiting for the process to complete. Learn more about osseointegration here.
Once osseointegration is finished, the abutment is attached to the implant post. And the new crown is then fitted to the other end.
Your brand new teeth will instantly feel comfortable and look totally natural. This restoration can replace a single tooth, multiple teeth, or a complete upper and lower new set. To learn more, read here.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
The most significant benefit is greater enjoyment of life and confidence. People who are missing teeth can’t smile and laugh without feeling shameful. But benefits go much more profound:
- Improved appearance: With tooth loss, there is bone loss in your facial structure. Without this support, your face changes, making you appear older or gaunt.
- Easy speaking: Dentures can slip and slide around in the mouth and impact your speech, causing slurring and mumbling.
- Easy eating: Implants are tightly secured into your jaw and allow you to bite down with the same force as natural teeth. You can once again enjoy all the foods you love.
- Care & convenience: Implants don’t require sticky glues, cleaning tablets, or special flossers. Just brush as usual!
- Better oral health: Dental implants aren’t natural and are incapable of getting cavities. They don’t require attachment to neighboring teeth like dental bridges, improving oral health all around.
- No bone loss: When teeth are missing, jaw bone loss occurs. Bones need constant stimulation from teeth chewing. Dental Implants provide this stimulation to the bone.
- Durability: Other tooth replacement options need repairs from time to time or need to be replaced. If properly cared for, implants can last a lifetime.
Where can I get Dental Implants?
The team at Liberty Family Smiles, with a convenient location in Powell, wants to help you with your dental care needs. There are many factors Dr. Wu must consider when determining if you are a good candidate for dental implants. Visit your Powell dentist to evaluate your gum tissue and bring along any questions about the implant dentistry process.
Get Your Dental Implants From Your Powell Dentist
Dental implants are cost-effective and, if properly cared for, can last for many, many years. Placing a dental implant is straightforward, and a regular treatment here at Liberty Family Smiles.Your Powell dental group is happy to answer your questions. Please call our dental office at (614) 368-1001 to schedule an appointment or email us. Our top priority is for you to smile with confidence.